Thursday, February 24, 2011


If you're going to install the 10.7 preview on a separate hard drive or partition, it's definitely worth knowing about Buttered Cat Software's QuickBoot, which allows you to change startup disks and reboot from your menu bar.


Steve said...

Regardless of how good the software is, it's a great bit of branding!

Chad Armstrong said...

I used QuickBoot quite a bit at my previous job due to bouncing back and forth between Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6.

I discovered a glitch in the program in Mac OS 10.5 and the developer was pretty quick about responding and putting out a patched version of the program.

Jeff LaMarche said...


Yeah, the developer is top notch. I asked a question on twitter about how to use it without entering a password, and a few minutes later, he tweeted me a link to a beta that lets you SETUID the helper so you don't need to enter the password.

adamwillsss said...

Thanks for sharing this post.