Tuesday, October 19, 2010

OpenGL ES iOS

I've created a new public project on GitHub for classes, scripts, and projects related to OpenGL ES programming on the iPhone. I'll be slowly consolidating all of my OpenGL ES code snippets, utilities, and sample projects except for the particle generator (which has its own repository) into this location.

Right now, all it has is:
  • Blender export script for Objective-C for Blender 2.49a
  • Blender export script for Objective-C for Blender 2.5+
  • My old OpenGL ES Xcode project template for OpenGL ES 1.1
  • A fairly simple OpenGL ES 1.1 Xcode project
  • A fairly simple OpenGL ES 2.0 xcode project
  • A few OpenGL ES-related categories and classes
  • My old Wavefront OBJ file loader
I'm happy to accept back changes as well as additions.



8 comments:

Michael said...

Great posting! I love how organized it is...i still can't get my blender 2.5 exporter to be enabled in the addons list though. Any ideas? It shows up fine but it doesn't allow me to check it.

- thanks

Michael said...

just found out that the blender 2.5 exporter doesn't even show up in addons at all...the .py file is missing some functions but im not really an expert on python
- thanks

Jeff LaMarche said...

Michael:

I actually didn't write the 2.5 version, it was ported by a reader and I haven't tried it myself yet, sorry.

When I get a chance to try it, I'll let you know what I find.

Jeff

gandalfie said...

Just wanted to thank you for the amazing amount of information on this blog, especially the OpenGL ES stuff. I really didn't know where to start, but your articles pushed me in the right direction. Looking forward to your OpenGL ES 2.0 book.

Jeff LaMarche said...

gandalfie:

I'm glad it's been helpful for you. I actually did some work on the book last night, first time in a month that I found time to work on it. If I were independently wealthy, the book would have come out by now, unfortunately, I'm not. :)

Michael said...

Thank you! by the way i love your beginning iphone development book...i've read it front to back and i use it every day!

shgams said...

I can't get any of these to compile. I set the base SDK to 4.1 but get errors up the wazoo afterwards.

Nelson said...

I made a earth model in 3ds max and export as obj then import into blender, however, i can't see any texture on earth, finally i export earth model from blender as obj, I use your obj loader to load the model but i can only see the gray color of earth model without texture, do you know why?

In my project i might need to play model animation what format do you recommand me to use, is there any third library existed to use because i have no time to write a loader for specific format.