Monday, December 7, 2009

Final More iPhone 3 Dev Status Update

I woke up this morning to find all the final, laid out chapters of More iPhone 3 Development in my inbox. Dave and I need to read through each chapter and sign off on them. Once all chapters are signed off, the book is officially done and will be sent to printing.

Dave's already started his review. I won't get a chance to look at them until tonight on the train home from NYC, but we're not more than a few days away from being completely and officially done, which will feel really, really good.



9 comments:

Slava said...

Cool! Congrats!
Is there any need for beta-readers?

Michael said...

Awesome, looking forward to it! Yeah I'd love to beta-read it too, if such a thing exists! :-)

fbronner said...

Great!

Looking forward to it!!

Enjoy your Christmas!

Patrick Alessi said...

Congratulations, this is (another) awesome achievement!

K. A. Barber said...

Cool and Congrats!!

So whats next, after a little Holiday R&R?

Jeff LaMarche said...

K.A. Barber:

Not entirely sure. Have a few workshops and speaking engagements lined up, but think I need to dive in and do some honest work - probably will either start a project of my own for the App Store, or will look for contract work. Which I do will probably depend on the size of my next royalty check. If I can afford to, I'd like to actually do an app for myself, but contract work is cool, too.

Jeff LaMarche said...

People asking to beta read - sorry, it's actually going on the presses tomorrow, so it's too late, if you found issues, we wouldn't be able to change them at this point. :(

Philippe said...

Congrats!

can't wait to get the book!

Sara Reid said...

Assuming only a minimal working knowledge of Objective-C, and written in a friendly, easy-to-follow style, this book offers a complete soup-to-nuts course in iPhone and iPod touch programming. The book starts with the basics, walking you through the process of downloading and installing Apple's free iPhone SDK, and then stepping you though the creation of your first simple iPhone application. From there, you'll learn to integrate all the interface elements iPhone users have come to know and love, such as buttons, switches, pickers, toolbars, and sliders.