Thursday, November 12, 2009

In my Inbox Today

This came in my inbox today (click for readable version). I really, really don't think this needs any commentary, but there's obviously a certain irony in sending it to me. I had a great belly laugh over this, though. Thank you, Adobe, for brightening my day. Seriously. This cheered me up more than LOLcats could have.


I guess Microsoft doesn't have a monopoly in ill-advised, lame marketing campaigns. Maybe next, Adobe will suggest out-of-work people throw "Unemployment Parties" where they can learn Flex™ tricks and play cool Flash™ games.



6 comments:

Matty said...

wow.

ustunozgur said...

Actually, that link takes you to a free license key if you are unemployed, not a 60-day trial. It looks like they have totally messed up the letter.

Trausti said...

Probably not the worst thing anyone can do, learn flash/air in a week for free with help rom Adobe. Not bad if you are unemployed. But they probably could not have sent this letter to worse person :) I think most companies should do something like this to help people who have difficult time getting a job.

Jacob Bullock said...

Obviously this is funny that they would send this to you, but not really sure how there is anything more to make fun of about their lame marketing. They are offering the product for free. Adobe is offering a free version of flex to people who have recently lost their job. It may be a surprise to you, but most flash developers out there have only seen an increase in work while many other industries are suffering. Adobe giving away a copy of Flex is something many people would appreciate and be more than happy to take advantage of. =)

Matt said...

No offense, but this just comes off as biased and whiny. You were spot on with your posts on the Rogue Amoeba thing, but what's the problem here?

Slava said...

I got similar one, but from another vendor. May be they found my blog: http://iphone-dev-tips.alterplay.com

Funny ;)