Thursday, March 19, 2009

Something I CAN Tell You...

I found out something a few days ago, but wasn't allowed to say anything until today. The Mobie Awards ceremony was last night, and the winners were officially announced. We were a finalist in the category "Best Book on Mobile Development". I can now officially tell you that Beginning iPhone Development won the category.

It was a pretty competitive field.

• Learn Objective-C on the Mac - Mark Dalrymple & Scott Knaster
• Beginning iPhone Development - Dave Mark & Jeff Lamarche
• iPhone Development for Dummies - Neal Goldstein
• iPhone Developer Cookbook - Erica Sadun
• iPhone in Action - Christopher Allen & Shannon Appelcline
Given the competition, Dave and I are extremely flattered and, of course, happy.



11 comments:

Cyril said...

This is entirely deserved. The book you wrote with Dave is a Great Book. Here's to hoping there will be more like this one.

Eric Busch said...

Congrats!

Karmen Blake said...

you guys rock! I recommend your book to everyone interested in iPhone development.

Jason said...

Congrats, guys! The book has been great so far. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.

kimptoc said...

Gratz!

JES said...

I think this is a well-deserved award. I posted a review of your book on my blog (review is here), and I have really enjoyed the book.

RalfR said...

Congrats! It's by far the best book about iPhone development I've read. And I've read all of the competitors for the award and others.

I'd go even further: It's also one of the best books about programing I've ever read. Unique style. Absolutely precise. Fun to read. Fun to follow.

No single page is wasted. The amount of code reprinted is exactly right.

I love it. Would it be a novel, I'd re-read it.

cjr said...

Good stuff - I look forward to the next edition!

Jeff LaMarche said...

Thanks for all the kind words, folks, I really appreciate it. It's a little hard to come to terms with how well the book is doing.

Dave and I are now talking about how the 3.0 SDK affects things. Once we've hashed it and then worked through it with Apress' management, we'll let you know what's up.

Robert Conn said...

Congratulations Jeff - I'm just working through your book now and it fully deserves this recognition!

John M. Baughman said...

Great! I'm still working through the book, and enjoying every bit of it! Being a C# developer by trade, this is fun to learn something new that I can eventually use!