Monday, March 23, 2009

Guess Where These Were Taken…

Mark Johnson very kindly sent Dave and me the following two pictures. I won't tell you exactly where they were taken, but they come from a store that begins with "A" and ends with "pple Store".

And not just any one, but the big flagship one in downtown San Francisco. I can't tell you how cool it is to see this. I just got back from the Syracuse Apple Store, but it's one of the smaller ones that's not carrying our book.

Thanks Mark!


George Sealy said...

Congratulations, that must be a great reward for all the hard work you've done. And as someone who's about 2/3 of the way through the book at the moment, it's well deserved for a fantastic piece of technical writing.

TC said...

Congratulations! Your book's been a big help. I cut my teeth on Dave's Mac programming books 20 years ago.

Jeff LaMarche said...


I learned C from the first edition of Dave's book. I had been programming for a few years at that point, but even so, writing this book with Dave was quite an honor for me.


Thank you very kindly. Hopefully we'll have some good news to announce in the next few days :)


henry said...

I also digg your book, next to other good ones I have read so far the Apress titles (obj-c & iphone) are choosen wisely in therms of language, sample project cases and length of chapters. a fun to read and best choice to learn.