Monday, January 5, 2009

Particle Update

I'm working on the Particle tutorial. I'm having a weird problem related to mapping a texture to particles, which is necessary to accomplish some of the cooler effects (though I'm unsure if the iPhone has enough horsepower to do much with it). I'm sure it's a stupid thing - a configuration I forgot to enable or something like that, because everything seems to be right. I'm hoping that when I look at it today with a fresh, moderately-well-rested, and only slightly-hungover eye, I'll see what I was doing and can finish the tutorial.

I'm working at Moscone South, and will continue to do so as long as I can find a power outlet at some point.


Jaime said...

Hi! I just wanted to say I'm very interested in this tutorial and that I'll be waiting and checking for new updates on this. Thanks in advance!

xnmeme said...

I'm excited to see your code, too. No pressure ;)!!

In the meantime, I'm wondering how you're batching your particle vertices. Are you calling glDrawElements or glDrawArrays? I'm trying to decide which direction to go on my own iPhone game.

Jeff LaMarche said...

The current version is using glDrawArrays, but I haven't really spent much time on the drawing code, so that may change.

Favo Yang 杨仲伟 said...

Maybe have a check of Cocos2d-iphone project, they implement a particle, maybe the draw method helps you.