Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another Particle Update

Thanks in no small part to the capable brain of Noel Llopis, I've gotten past what I think is the last great barrier to getting the particle system tutorial done. As you can see, sprites are now working, which opens up a whole world of new effects.



There is still a lot of cleanup to do, and I need to continue with some of the planned performance enhancements and probably look for some new ones, but at least, thanks to some help from smart readers, the particle system has stopped being an albatross around my neck.

Look for a final release and tutorial by the end of next weekend.



7 comments:

HenryH said...

Awesome work Jeff, I look forward to seeing the final results and hacking around with it.

-Harry

schwa said...

I want the source.

Or I'll kill this conveniently cute puppy that I happen to have with me.

Thanks.

(P.S. Good to meet you at Raven's party in SF!)

Non DePlume said...

Thank you for posting your progress, I can't wait to take a crack at them over spring break!

Jeff LaMarche said...

Thanks guys, though honestly, you really don't want the source right now - it's messy and too slow for most uses right now, something I hope to rectify in the next few days.

pyroka said...

That looks sweet, I'm looking forward to messing around with it, good work

Wolfgang said...

Thank you very much for your efforts. This really helped me with my OpenGL ES studies. Again - thank you very much!

renji said...

Hey i like ur particle system app......i need your help for creating flerry effect in iPhone.......