Friday, October 31, 2008

Updated SQLitePersistence

As I think I mentioned earlier, Marcel Molina is doing some great work adding Ruby ActiveRecord style associations and also refactoring some of my code to make it much cleaner and neater.

Today, I did a little surgery of my own, albeit minor outpatient surgery. I added a bunch of methods to the database instance manager to allow greater control over database configuration, allowing you to specify such things as the autovacuum level, cache size, and the like.

Even if you don't have an interest in using SQLitePersistentObjects, if you use SQLite for either iPhone or Mac/Cocoa applications, it's probably worth your time to take a look at the SQLiteInstanceManager class in the project. It stands on its own and can be used without the rest of the package and it makes managing your database a heck of a lot easier. Just drop it into your project, grab a reference to the sharedManager, and start working with it - no need to create or open the database, or specify a file location or anything.

And, when you realize how nice it is not to have to write code to do any of that, maybe you'll become interested in checking out the rest of SQLitePersistentObjects.

Note: Anybody out there who has successfully used SQLitePersistentObjects for a delivered application, please let me know, and also let me know of any problems you encountered along the way.




4 comments:

Berko said...

I plan to use this in my current app (Separate Checks) to save checks and groups. If I have any questions, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me. :) Congratulations on the book almost being done...I can't wait to get it.

Eric said...

This is a great library. I am trying to implement it into a fairly heavy sqlite app I'm writing for the iPhone. I was wondering though if there was a simple way to configure it to use an existing database with existing data, instead of creating one?

Thanks!!!

Eric Berry
cavneb@gmail.com

JeansPilot said...

JeansPilot offers the chance to buy a large variety of men’s and women’s jeans clothing from the world famous Italian Brands.
Online jeans clothing store looks for original fashion clothing sales and clearances of worldwide known designers. We participate in fashion auctions to get the lowest possible price for Top quality Clothes, Shoes and Accessories.
Buy Jeans

h4ns said...

What youre saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I also love the images you put in here. They fit so well with what youre trying to say. Im sure youll reach so many people with what youve got to say.

Arsenal vs Huddersfield Town live streaming
Arsenal vs Huddersfield Town live streaming
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Stoke City Live Streaming
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Stoke City Live Streaming
Notts County vs Manchester City Live Streaming
Notts County vs Manchester City Live Streaming
Bologna vs AS Roma Live Streaming
Bologna vs AS Roma Live Streaming
Juventus vs Udinese Live Streaming
Juventus vs Udinese Live Streaming
Napoli vs Sampdoria Live Streaming
Napoli vs Sampdoria Live Streaming
Fulham vs Tottenham Hotspur Live Streaming
Fulham vs Tottenham Hotspur Live Streaming
AS Monaco vs Marseille Live Streaming
AS Monaco vs Marseille Live Streaming
Alajuelense vs Perez Zeledon Live Streaming
Alajuelense vs Perez Zeledon Live Streaming
Technology News | News Today | Live Streaming TV Channels