Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Better Template

Hello again.

I'm in desperate need of a better template for this blog - one that has good support for code snippets and preferably uses flexible width rather than just floating in the middle of the screen when the viewer has a large monitor (and these days, what developer doesn't?).

My searches for blogspot/blogger templates mostly brings up templates that have different visual elements, fonts, and colors, but the same basic layout as the default templates. If anyone knows of a good template, I'd really appreciate a heads up. I don't mind tweaking the code, but I don't have time write one from scratch. My Web-Fu is rusty and weak.

I've got a couple of more full-fledged tutorial I'm interested in doing, but it's just too painful with this template.

Thanks



3 comments:

kimptoc said...

The one on stackoverflow.com looks good - not sure how it handles objective c though... http://google-code-prettify.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/README.html

Chris

Jeff LaMarche said...

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Kevin Bomberry said...

@Jeff: Although we have not had an issues (as of yet) with our blog (also hosted with Blogger and using the same default template I believe), you could (save/export) the template and then modify it to your liking then upload it - rinse and repeat, until you get just the look you're looking for.

If you need more information on how to create or modify the templates let me know and I'll point you into the right direction - and even help a bit if I can. (^_^) Cheers!